Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What's Going On?

We decided to close the studio down for a whole week at the year's end, just to give the hard-working floors a rest- really. While the whole place went down for a deserved siesta, Meg and I decided to explore the yoga scene around San Francisco. Sometimes, when you are deep into an engaging relationship (as we are with The Yoga Loft), you forget that there are other ways to approach the subject. Everywhere: Spandex ways. Loud R&B music ways. Naked ways. Hippie ways. We explored fearlessly and attempted to do so without judgment. We wanted to see what is going on outside of the inside of The Yoga Loft. And it was fascinating.
I found some great things out there. I had fun. One time, I was surrounded by what felt like was an army of severely aggravated-anorexic energy and it was hard not to choke on my own tongue while I managed a balancing pose. I seriously thought I was having a bad flashback from something I let go of a decade ago. Then I thought, this too is Yoga.
Today, when we opened back up the doors, I thanked the floors and understood a little bit more about what it is that we are doing. Here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to you both, Jane and Meg, for taking the time to check-in with the SF Yoga community. Thanks, also, for running such a wonderful, friendly, grounded, and ever-evolving studio.

    ReplyDelete